alternatives - Does flattr complement or compete with ...

Bitcoin for developers

hi all~
decided to give 100 Bits (Bitcoin) for gamedevs for [opening a changetip account]..
Changetip: is a way to tip others for thier good content on the internet.. it can be used for micropayments with little to no fees... it's a support button in a way different from patreon and flattr.
Bitcoin: is a cryptocurrency (internet currency) that's gaining popularity very fast lately.. you don't have to know much about it to get supported by changetip.
how to open a changetip account?
you can register in changetip site using your social media accounts, but you can reply to me here or on twitter and you'll get a link with 100bit in the account.
why I do this?
for a long time I want to support you gamedevs, it's just I live in a country that getting credit card is insanely hard.. no "legal" paypal accounts.. and almost all the game that reach us are copied hacks sold to us by 10% of it's real price!!!
means the developers of games I love don't get anything from the money I buy with.. I want that to change and I see a bright future in micropayments like changetip & flattr.
for these services to play a role, it needs people who accept them that's why patreon is successful. and that's why I'm doing this!!
Ok, but why just 100 bits? sorry..
100bits equals only 0.03$ today (1bit = 1 uBTC = microBitcoin)
but for reasons I said above I don't have much... hope I can give more in the future.
  • 500 bits for the first person
Sorry for late-comers I can't give more right now
submitted by ahmadmanga to gamedev [link] [comments]

Dev Meeting Notes, 2016 08 22

#namecoin-meeting notes, 2016 08 21 # Present: Jeremy Jonas Brandon Midnightmagic Pigeons Joseph Namecoin Core The wallet name operation bug in Brandon's name tab PR has been isolated by Jeremy. Appears to be a bug in upstream Bitcoin Core (or perhaps Namecoin Core master branch) that has been fixed. Whit Jackson submitted a documentation PR for building on OS X. If anyone can test, please do so! Jonas will test this. Jeremy noticed that Travis CI accidentally flagged our repo as "potential abuse detected". Jeremy contacted Travis CI support and got our account whitelisted. Jonas notices that the Travis CI builds for our 0.13 branch are failing at the moment. Jeremy suggests filing a GitHub issue. Jeremy asked Jonas to submit a PR for Gitian builds for OS X. DrHaribo of BitMinter requested that getblocktemplate be re-added to Namecoin Core. Jeremy points out that since nVersion=4 blocks are nearing the lock-in point, we should deal with this sooner rather than later so that BitMinter doesn't get kicked off the network. Brandon asked on GitHub about how wallet unlocking should be done with the name tab GUI. Upon discussion, Brandon currently plans to try using the raw transaction API for this. Daniel submitted a PR to temporarily disable the low-S standardness check. This should improve confirmation times for the old 0.3.80 clients. The check will be restored after AAA activates. Test reports would be great. Jeremy points out that this needs to be done before nVersion=4 blocks are locked in. Jeremy wonders whether we should cancel plans to release 0.12 as stable, and focus on 0.13 branch. Tentative plan: keep maintaining 0.12 until Bitcoin Core releases v0.13.0; backport the name tab to whatever stable branch exists at the time that it's merged to master. SPV Jeremy's initial PR for Namecoin support has been merged to libdohj. Jeremy still needs to rebase the bitcoinj-addons code based on the libdohj changes made during review, and then submit a pull request. In the meantime, Jeremy's latest bitcoinj-addons and libdohj code is posted. Someone please test it? Jeremy asks if he should post a link on Reddit. Jonas says yes. Jeremy will do so. ncdns Jeremy asked about the old fork of a Conformal library (see previous meeting); Hugo doesn't recall details but thinks it had to do with pre-Namecoin-Core not following spec properly. Hugo would be happy to accept a PR to make it use the current Conformal libs. Jeremy pointed out that sometime in the future we should fix the Extended Key Usage Critical flag on the dehydrated cert template. Go's standard library doesn't have a built-in way of setting that flag, which is why it's not in the first draft. Jeremy and Ryan can't think of any plausible attacks where it matters. Jeremy suggests a 1.0 BTC bounty for an ncdns NSIS installer. Possibly funded 50/50 by NMDF and a fundraiser. Mining Cassini noticed that BTCC and ViaBTC have started mining Namecoin. This is good news for mining diversity. F2Pool's share of Namecoin blocks is down to circa 43% as of July 26, 2016. Public Relations Cassini represented us at GETD#4 in Berlin July 22-23. Jeremy mentions that we should think about translation workflow. Jeremy notes that Bitcoin Core is using Transifex. Jeremy says that whatever works for Bitcoin Core, should probably work for us. Midnightmagic concurs. Joseph believes that Armory (post-ATI) is trying Transifex. Brandon asks what the pricing looks like for Transifex. Joseph believes it's gratis for open-source projects. Jeremy notes that Wikipedia confirms this. Jeremy wonders what safeguards are in place on Transifex to reduce risk of malicious translations. Joseph isn't sure. Jeremy points out that the way we organize the list of exchanges doesn't make sense for decentralized exchanges like Bitsquare. Jeremy suggests listing decentralized exchanges at the top of the list. Jeremy notes that this might annoy the centralized exchanges who pay us for placement, but that this doesn't bother him at all. Midnightmagic concurs. Pigeons mentions that he's seen an increase in Namecoin offers on Bitsquare recently. Jeremy will have a table at the OU CS welcome party on Sept. 9. Let's try to recruit some developers! Brandon asks what the status is of the students from last year. Jeremy is sad to report that the SPV student and the UX student from last year are not participating this semester. Pigeons says a "Namecoin vs Blockstack" FAQ entry would be helpful. Jeremy will work on it. Midnightmagic asks if a meetingbot would be welcome. Jeremy says yes. Midnightmagic will look at setting one up. Funding Jeremy has filed a complaint with Tip4Commit about their usage of CloudFlare CAPTCHAs. Tip4Commit has not responded after 25 days. BountySource balance: $5/month from 1 recurring supporter Total funds available: $304 USD Pigeons suggests looking into Patreon. Jeremy notes that they have CloudFlare CAPTCHAs. Jeremy notes that Wikipedia says they take a 5% commision, which is half of BountySource's 10%. Jeremy notes that some free software projects use them currently. Jeremy will look into this in more detail later. NMDF incoming funds: 0 mBTC received since 2016 07 03 0 NMC received since 2016 07 03 Pigeons suggests looking into Flattr. Jeremy notes that they have CloudFlare CAPTCHAs. Jeremy notes that Wikipedia says they take a 10% fee (same as BountySource). Jeremy will look into this in more detail later. 
Note: I made a typo in the title of this post on Reddit; the quoted date of the meeting is correct. (I can't see a way to edit the title of a Reddit post.)
submitted by biolizard89 to Namecoin [link] [comments]

Wordpress plugin (Flattr alternative)
I posted this Wordpress plugin here about a year ago but a lot has happened since. Flattr adoption has become relatively popular among open source projects and other content creators but I don't really think the 10% fee that they charge is a fair price for the service. With this Wordpress plugin I am trying to provide an alternative that
Coinbase is supported for payment processing right now which means that the button will simply redirect to a Coinbase payment page. I plan on supporting static bitcoin addresses in the future (as the old version did) and I also have a working prototype of a BIP32 backend. Let me know what you think.
submitted by jonls to Bitcoin [link] [comments]

The emergence of Bitcoin, along with the newer cryptocurrencies (Altcoins— the general term for the rest of them collectively), has been the talk of the town since 2009. More than a decade later, financial analysts are still boggled by the scale it has reached, and how it continues to be of value ... Microdonation service Flattr has removed the option to pay with bitcoin citing technical issues. They do not know when or if it will be available again. Flattr is a relatively new social bookmarking and microdonation platform. After Paypal, BAC, and Visa and Mastercard bent down to political pressure, Flattr is currently one of the very few options left for people if they want to donate money to wikileaks and consequently Flattr is getting a fair share of exposure… CONTINUE. Tags : micro payments, social network, web services. LEGAL ... I realise that the underlying technologies for Bitcoin and flattr are different, but do they serve the same purpose? For example: if I set up a webapp that uses micropayments for revenue (like git... Cryptocurrency is the new option at Flattr, the Swedish startup that helps you manage your donations through some social media like Instagram or YouTube.The company has announced they now have partial support for Bitcoin. This means users can fund their accounts with the virtual currency and distribute the digital coins.In a near future, Flattr, created in 2010, is also considering adding the ...

[index] [4691] [14907] [45161] [44385] [12065] [51173] [44197] [14040] [38593] [18235]