Question, how is bitcoin considered a store of value when it is down almost 50% in just 4 months or is that just an old narrative and coiners have a new moto they're going with these days? submitted by
Patch has been Released!
The 0.8.0.1208 update has added the new Interchange map and new game mechanics to Escape from Tarkov
We are happy to announce the release of a major update, 0.8.0.1208, for the closed beta version of multiplayer online FPS Escape from Tarkov. This game update introduces the new Interchange map, modern and somewhat atypical compared to the rest of Tarkov locations so far. The Interchange, besides obvious highways, features a huge shopping mall with shops and restaurants. The new location provides conditions for honing new confined space combat tactics. It should be noted that for some time after the update there will not be any AI adversaries on the location, they will be added in the following patches. Also, traditionally, along with a new location, we have introduced a new trader - Ragman, who sells everything related to garments and equipment.
We also would like to announce that the current update applied new, experimental methods for optimizing the handling of game physics on client and server, as well as new means to reduce network latency. In addition, specifically for the new Interchange map, new object rendering optimization technology was applied. Over the course of the upcoming testing, these methods will be applied to other locations as well, resulting in an additional performance gain. We admit that in the process of testing the new game update, you may experience various problems associated with new methods of optimization and new game features. All the emerging problems will be processed through the system of bug reports and promptly fixed. Moreover, the launcher was updated as well, along with numerous other fixes and changes. The new EFT update has also introduced a basic training that is going to help new players to understand and master the basic mechanics of the game faster and better. "As promised, we are gradually and continuously introducing new features and realistic mechanics," said Nikita Buyanov, the head of Battlestate Games. "So, after this update, players will have to spend more time on loading and unloading of the magazines, check the number of cartridges in the magazine and chamber. Note that different magazines affect the loading/unloading rate differently, and there is now a new specialized character skill - Mag Drills."
Other additions to the game content include new weapons, among them, the Springfield Armory M1A, Remington 870, AAR, APB and new models of AK including 100-series as well as numerous items for weapon modification. Overall, more than 60 new gear and equipment items were added to the game, including bags and vests, body armors and helmets, weapon modifications, ammunition and medicine cases, hats, glasses, and balaclavas. A detailed list of the new equipment was previously posted on our official website of the game and in the social network communities. You can find the patch notes below!
Finally, the update has been combined with the long-anticipated profile reset (wipe).
The following updates, among other improvements and changes, are going to further improve the project performance, network quality, bug fixes, and add new game combat mechanics. Soon, Escape from Tarkov is scheduled to feature the advanced armor system, flea market, Hideout and other features that were mentioned in the plans for 2018. Development and testing of the future innovations are already underway. Also, the test results of this update will have a crucial influence on deciding the Open Beta launch date. We are sure you are excited for all this as much as we are.
Patch Notes Please take note that first hours after the update servers may experience heavy load leading to increased matching time possible network delays.
Please, take into consideration that this update is a part of the Closed Beta testing. Some of the introduced innovations can potentially lead to previously unknown issues or bugs. Please be sure to report all discovered issues through the launcher built-in bug report system. This will help fix them promptly.
This update comes with a profile reset/wipe. All bonus gears can be obtained again from your profile.
- Basic tutorial
- Loading and unloading ammo rounds now require time
- Now, the character doesn’t initially know the number of cartridges in the magazine. Check the magazine to see the ammo remaining. Check precision depends on the Mag Drills skill. A full description of the expected behavior can be found here
Time-consuming loading/unloading of ammo
Checking mags, hidden precise number of cartridges in the magazine
- Loading/unloading of ammo into the magazine does not happen instantly. The time required to load/unload one cartridge may vary depending on the magazine and the level of the new skill, Mag drills.
- Time is spent on loading and unloading ammo in the raid only, in the menu the procedures stay the same as before.
- Loading and unloading can only be done with inventory open. If you close it or switch tabs, loading or unloading is interrupted. The cartridges that were already loaded into the mag, stay in it (and vice versa in case of unloading).
- Only one magazine can be loaded or unloaded simultaneously.
- The Info window displays the loading/unloading and mag check speed bonus if it is not 0.
- If you’ve started loading an empty mag, or unloading a full one, the precise number of rounds is displayed.
Checking the chamber
- By default, it is unknown how many cartridges are in the mag, if it is not examined (hereinafter referred to as "Unknown/Checked"). Mag counter displays an unknown number of cartridges. For example: (?/30)
- Check accuracy is determined by new "Mag Drills" skill.
- The magazine can be checked either by animation - Alt+T or through the interface by Right-clicking and selecting Check magazine.
- If you checked the number on the 0 skill level, then it returns "~empty" - "<1/2" - "~1/2" - ">1/2" - "~full". As skill level 1 an approximate number will be shown. On level 2 - the precise amount of ammo will be provided.
- Full and empty mags are considered to be checked.
- All the magazines you take into the raid are checked automatically.
- Loading/unloading a checked mag doesn’t change the state, it remains checked.
- After firing, the number of cartridges in the magazine become unknown.
- Ammo check precision now depends on the Mag Drills skill, not on Weapon Mastering.
- Outside of the raid, the number of cartridges is always displayed precisely.
- If you have dropped a checked mag and picked it back up, it remains checked. If someone picked it up and dropped it again, it becomes unknown to you.
- The chamber also requires checking. Bnly by animation using the key binding Shift + T.
- If you load the cartridge into an unknown chamber, it automatically becomes checked.
- If the shot was fired from a checked mag (first shot), the chamber remains checked. Otherwise, it becomes unknown as well.
- New skill Mag Drills
- Speeds up ammo loading
- Speeds up ammo unloading
- Speeds up magazine checks in inventory
- Elite levels allow you to automatically check the mag when you move it in inventory, and make loading even faster.
- Black version of the Ops-Core Fast helmet
- Visor toggle mechanics with all audio and visual effects and protection
- A new type of reward for quests completion - unlocking items for purchase
- A new type of trade barter - for dog tags.
- A new type of tactical vest, with armor plates
- Antialiasing options (2x, 4x) in graphics settings. Attention! Recommended only for high-performance PC rigs.
- Mechanic trader quests
- New trader, Ragman
- Ski hat with eye slits
- Cold Fear Infrared Balaklava
- Ghost Balaklava
- UX PRO Hat
- Fleece tactical hat
- Cowboy hat
- RayBench Hipster Reserve Glasses
- Dundukk Sport sunglasses
- Round glasses
- Police cap
- EMERCOM Cap
- BEAR Cap
- USEC Cap
- Sordin MSA Supreme PRO-X/L Active headphones
- Tactical shoulder bag 3x2
- VKBO army duffel bag 4x2
- SSO Attack 2 Raid Backpack 5x7
- ANA Tactical M2 Armor plated vest
- Wartech Chest Rig MK3 TV-104 Tactical chest rig
- BNTI Gzhel-K Body Armor
- MF-UNTAR Body Armor
- ZSH-1-2M helmet in plain and black cover
- Armored visor for ZSH-1-2M helmet
- Altyn helmet
- Armored visor for Altyn helmet
- SSSh-94 SPHERA-S helmet
- Tarkov UN Force helmet
- 6B47 Helmet in a camouflage cover
- M1A Socom 16 Mount
- Nightforce 34mm Mount for installation of sights with Multimount
- Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 Scope
- Nightforce 34mm Mount for sights installation
- B-3 twin mount
- Rotor 43 5.56x45 Muzzle brake
- Rotor 43 .366TKM Muzzle brake
- Rotor 43 7.62x39 Muzzle brake
- Rotor 43 9x19 Muzzle brake
- Fab Defense GL Shock Stock
- Spike tactical dynacomp 7.62x39 AK Muzzle brake
- Strike industries TRAX 2 Foregrip
- Strike industries Bride Rail
- Strike industries keymod 6 inch Rail
- Strike industries keymod 4 inch Rail
- Strike industries TRAX 1 Foregrip
- Glock 9x19 Moto Cut Slide
- B&T rail for MP5
- XRSU47SU Tactical Foregrip for AKS-74U
- Aluminum foregrip for MP5 (TL-99)
- 10-round PMAG GEN M3 10 5.56x45 NATO STANAG magazine
- 30-round PMAG GEN M3 30 5.56x45 NATO STANAG magazine
- 30-round Pmag 30 AK74 GEN M3 5.45x39 magazine for AK and compatibles
- 30-round SR3M.130 9x39 magazine for SR3M
- 10-shell SAI-02 12x76 magazine for SOK-12 and compatibles
- Springfield Armory M1A 7.62x51
- Remington 870
- AK 100 Series
- Fixed bug when bots were trying to attack the player who exited location
- Optimization of Shoreline location
- Client and server optimizations for handling physics
- Reduced network latency
- The bug that allowed to quickly press sprint button thus moving faster without draining the character's stamina
- Bug with getting damage when falling on a destroyed legs
- Various fixes to the current skills
- Generated set of scav exits at Factory that was always closed/required a key. Now there is at least one exit that doesn’t require a key.
- Correct display of the current armor state over the network
- Twisted hands of killed characters
- Various bugs related to sound audibility over great distances
- The lower left corner of the weapon icon now shows its caliber
- If you examine an item at trader or on the body, the equivalent item in the inventory will now get known automatically
- Examining now goes in parallel on client and server (formerly required a response from the server)
- The bug that locked weapon interaction after moving the cartridge from the chamber to the mag
- The bug that locked weapon interaction after moving the cartridge from the chamber to the pile of the same ammo in your inventory
- Kill List works offline now
- Armor customization window now displays the resulting armor characteristics according to the installed armor mods.
- All mod slots in Weapons inspector are now displayed on one screen without scrolling
- Additional exceptions to the installation of mods on weapons and equipment
- Rebalance of trader unlock conditions
- Ammo rebalance (specifications, prices, levels of loyalty)
- Rebalance of the items’ value, their characteristics, the occupied cells (weapons, armor, mods, gear)
- Adjusted chances of items’ spawn on locations
- Partially redesigned rewards for quests
- Removed skill rollback
- Added missing numeric values to weapons characteristics
- Improved rendering of weapons in modification mode
- Bitcoins can now be stored in money cases
- The flashlight light ray (cookie) was replaced with a more convenient one
- Fixed PMCs spawn points at Factory
- Changed first Skier quest “Supplier”
- The movement of weapons and hands when turning became more lifelike and more tied to weight and weapons’ ergonomics
- Helmet damage mechanics - modular hit zones (including face area)
- Redesigned the sounds of movement on thin metal
- Basic recoil increased by 20%
- Different sound settings for active headphones (item)
- Interface adjustments to improve the readability of texts
- A chance to get a fracture when hit increased 10%
- A chance to get fractured after fall increased 20%
- Aimpunch is strongly reduced
- Mods now have various micro-icons
- Global time rate increased to x7 compared to real-time
- Available traders’ window redesign
- If the magazine of a pump-action shotgun is not examined, it can’t be reloaded
- Firing rate is dependent on FPS, this issue will be rectified soon, in one of the next upcoming patches
- If there is no space in the backpack and you unwrap the ammo pack, it will lead to the blocking of inventory
- Visual bugs of the new location caused by new optimization system will be getting fixed over extensive live testing
- Game physics was redesigned, hence possible related bugs (obstructed movement in tight passages, other movement bugs)
- "Back" button in the settings can block the interface, to correct this problem it is necessary go to settings, change the language to any other and click "Save".
TL/DR: You have a project and we have a gaming blockchain ready for your integration. We will even help get you started. What do you have to lose? https://medium.com/@GreedMOTO/atheios-the-blockchain-geared-for-gaming-a4c9e9d97099
ATHEIOS — THE BLOCKCHAIN GEARED FOR GAMING
You probably have heard about blockchain before. Bitcoin is one of its most well known cryptocoins and is considered a store of value with the current price around 10k USD.
All blockchains, when being distributed, are considered an immutable ledger where information can be stored or contracts can be executed. This is where we believe gaming has a strong use case and presents a unique opportunity for you.
Who are we?
We are not a company. We are a community driven blockchain with a singular focus, gaming and game integration. We are not driven by economic goals and have no single point of failure. Everyone is welcome to be involved. This also means all source code is open, found on github, and our code development is in parallel to the needs of developers like you. We are an Ethereum based chain, so you can develop contracts using solidity. Internal goals include additional development with our blockchain as we believe scaling for gaming is crucial for growth and adaptation.
What do we offer?
We have a working blockchain and a talented support team to help you integrate our blockchain into your gaming project. As an example, you could use Atheios to differentiate your project from others, make game play more interesting and take advantage of our immutable ledger. Take a look at bloxxchain.atheios.org as an example of Atheios integration. We can work with you to help integrate your creative and unique ideas into your project and take advantage of what Atheios can provide. Choosing Atheios to build with is mutually beneficial as we can also assist you in promotions through our social media and website. We want to build an ecosystem around Atheios and have your project be a part of it.
What do You get?
Besides the potential exposure from our marketing team, you will get an account (a blockchain address) with 1000 ATH to work and integrate with. This will allow you to get started at no cost to you other than time. We have a thriving community of people to bounce questions off of and to provide specific assistance. With the completion of the Atheios integration into your project, an additional 9000 ATH will be provided to you. This additional bonus should allow you to create events with special prices and increase attraction at no cost to you.
What can we promise?
Your success is our success. Atheios cannot grow and thrive without development and increasing integration. This is a new frontier with unlimited potential. We promise to listen to your feedback, work with you to explore your ideas, and promote your project after a successful integration. This is a collaboration; we have a blockchain running and ready for you to explore its potential. We will reward you with Atheios at the start and reward you once completed. What do you have to lose?
The easiest way to express your interest in the Atheios project is to join our discord https://discord.gg/6m9pewq
and introduce yourself. We have distinct working groups under game-dev section, or just leave some comments here.
Flappy Bird is not just a mobile game, it is a phenomenal craze. From its Wikipedia page: "Flappy Bird is a side-scrolling mobile game featuring 2D retro style graphics. The objective is to direct a flying bird, which moves continuously to the right, between each oncoming set of pipes without colliding with them, which otherwise ends the game. The bird briefly flaps upward each time the player taps the screen, and the player is scored on the number of pipe sets the bird successfully passes through." Reddit has had a rollercoaster of emotions for the game, which I have recorded below. Enjoy.
28 days ago a self-post titled Please help Flappy Bird take off!
was submitted to /gaming
I have a great friend who's uncle developed an amazing game called Flappy Bird ... It's free to play and if you could just take the time to download it (and recommend it to a friend if you like it) the help would be greatly appreciated. ... No in-app purchases and more importantly it's fun! [+127]
This humble post marks the genesis of the Flappy Bird craze on Reddit. Highly upvoted for a self-post on /gaming
, 77% liked, positive comments for the friend's uncle who is an indie game dev, like so many on Reddit would like to be.
12 days ago We had our own "Flappy Bird".
[+2000] was submitted by ducksizedhorses. It is a pic of a Flash game called Copter, from ~2001, which plays similarly. Because it's just not /gaming
without contentless nostalgia.
Flappy Bird is hella harder than this game. [+516]
Flappy Bird is difficult. Repeat ad nauseum in an infinite number of varieties.
yep, just downloaded ... and now deleting
Downloaded and immediately deleted becomes the new
At least they started out easy and then gradually got hard. Flappy Bird is straight up annoying from the beginning. [+108]
It actually has some pretty shitty collision detection, which makes it more difficult. [+68]
Flappy Bird is a mobile game for filthy casuals, so just in case describing it as infuriatingly difficult was too subt[le], we now evolve our tone to include swearing.
is it just me, or did flappy bird rip-off mario aesthetics [+33]
What gave it away, the huge green pipes? [+154]
The counterjerk rages to its zenith. Flappy Bird steals its mechanics from 90's gem Copter, and its fish and pipes from Nintenstalgia.
Lots of posts in the ensuing days are of the form "This 90's game is harder than stupid Flappy Bird", showing increasingly older games. Flappy Bird's one redeeming feature is nullified. Not that kids are playing Atari's Joust on their mobiles of course.
8 days ago "Flappy Bird is proof that no one knows what the audience is looking for
" points out that Flappy Bird is unlike almost every other successful mobile game, both present and in development. [+2284]
It's mind boggling how everyone is ripping on King for ripping off games, but nobody is fucking mentioning that flappy bird is just a rip off of that helicopter flash game [+442]
Except everyone is. I should point out here that they both look and feel very different, as well as playing very differently too. It's like saying Call of Duty is a rip-off of Wolfenstein 3D from the 90's. Maybe not that much, but they're not as alike as people seem to think, just FYI.
This is an old DOS game. I had an avoid the cave walls helicopter game for my x86. [+131]
See, I wasn't just counterjerking. "Flappy Bird is a rip-off of a punch card game played by Charles Babbage on Leonardo Da Vinci's computer." Derivative vs. inspired by, look them up.
And it just came from nowhere. No advertisement, no promotion. People just started playing.
Man, i can almost hear EA cutting their advertising budget. [+143]
You mean selling it as DLC. [+198]
Just had to post this worst ever non-joke. EA is ... selling their advertising budget? Do you ... do you even hear yourself?
Why is it that everytime a new game comes out, especially so for the smart phones, and gets popular, reddit as a whole seems to jump on it and try to rip it apart? It's like you guys just don't want anyone to be happy. Ever.[+203]
Voice of reason for balance.
On the same day, "Flappy Bird racks up $50K per day in ad revenue"
is submitted to /Android
What's crazy is the difference between the iOS and Android app. The iOS version is laggy and look awful, while the Android version is smooth and has a decent 8-bit look. [+242]
The android version seems to have much better collision detection as well. I just switched from ios to a moto x today and destroyed my high score with ease. [+102]
Android > Apple. Here
reaction to the same article.
It's pretty crazy what social media can do these days. Grab a few endorsements from popular youtubers, and suddenly your shitty helicopter clone with asinine difficulty, due mostly in part to poor programming and controls, becomes more profitable than triple A titles.
The mobile market is ... the most toxic thing to happen to game development in a long time, when above all else, it just encourages devs to rip each other off until one of them hits the market at the perfect time and sees a pay off.
... I have yet to play a mobile game, outside of emulators, that held my attention for any elongated period of time. It's really a sad state of affairs, because there's a world of untapped potential to be had. [+529, top, emphasis mine]
Mobile gaming is inferior, any piece of shit can make a million bucks.
6 days ago "How to beat Flappy Bird everytime!"
is posted. It's a video of an idiot who loses at Flappy Bird, so he smashes his phone with a hammer. Great use of mom and dad's money right there for internet points. At least bitcoins weren't involved.
Good build quality on the phone.[+100, top]
Android phone, tips fedora. Another example of 'I know one thing about each topic so I'm smart'. Good trigger discipline, good cast iron pan, good medium-rare steak, good build quality.
3 days ago, "Why Flappy Bird was Shut Down"
links to an article titled "The Life And Sudden Death Of 'Flappy Bird': How A Guy Making $50,000 Per Day Grew To 'Hate' His Own Game". The game creator says he is removing the game from the app store because he has enough money, he doesn't want people 'ruining their lives' by addictively playing his game, and he can no longer take the abuse he is receiving via social media.
Felt bad for him. On the other hand, I'll take constant abuse and threats if you're willing to pay me $50,000 a day. Just saying. [+1776, top]
Constant abuse and threats, like the ones from the Redditors mentioned above.
Good article that collates it well. You've got to respect the guy; he made a lot of money from a game that was created just for fun and instead of going full greed mode and selling out he just shut it down so he could get some peace and get back to doing what he loves...making indie games which he can do indefinitely now he is sitting on some riches! [+481]
The beginning of the return to the original jerk. Reddit loves simple, humble indie devs. He made some money, now he's shutting down. We now like the guy we hated.
Meanwhile on /Games
, things change in the same direction where everyone gets behind the dev, in "Our Internet Empathy Problem: Flappy Bird"
Sometimes I feel that Giant Bomb is the only site with their head on their shoulders. The shit I've seen thrown at this guy is just horrifying.
"Words are powerful, and people should be responsible for them. When we characterize threats as "idle," we remove the individual from the equation. It's victim blaming. It's hard to imagine how Nguyen is to blame here."
This is a pretty strong point here. It's crazy how everyone immediately jumps on this guy and assumes there must be something wrong with him. Why does there have to be something wrong with the guy? Let him make his own decisions. Sure, we can talk about why he did what he did, but we shouldn't disparage the guy for it. [+98, top]
Remember that just days beforehand it was the top comment on /Games
that was expressing these 'horifying' things. "Shutting down Flappy birds? I've seen this tactic before..."
is submitted to /funny
. It's a pic
of Cartmanland from South Park, I think where Cartman buys a theme park and closes it to keep it all for himself, causing demand for entry to the park to skyrocket. [+2453]
Flappy Bird 2.0
$49.99 [+88, top]
Now everyone cynically believes the guy took Flappy Bird down as a marketing ploy to increase its value due to scarcity and rarity. Because no-one wants to accept responsibility for all the hate they sent the guy previously. Keep in mind that they think the worst of the same guy they liked for releasing a free game that had no in-app purchases, no forced waiting times, and none of the other free-to-
play features that plague mobile gaming.
Published by EA.
You have to wait a day every four pipes, or spend the special in game currency (only $99.99 for 6) to move forward.
Can't talk about games with mentioning that we hate EA.
[Continued in the comments.]
I'm not going to answer the question, because I doubt there is one answer, but I've got some articles I want to link to and I hope we'll talk about these groups more. There's a huge potential for mutual benefit here between NYCoin, our retail partners and their underbanked customers. Unbanked and Underbanked
Tech companies, banks and local governments have been thinking about and making overtures towards the underbanked for years, with most of the success coming in third world countries from digital, phone based systems. The pressure to reach this market is growing, and estimates of unbanked sizes within the U.S. seem to be from 10 to 15 million, not including the merely under-banked which would bring the total to 30+ million people. https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanmcintyre/2017/05/10/banks-need-to-focus-on-a-new-customer-the-unbanked/#766222b659c8
Specific to New York City, more than one million people are identified as unbanked (no bank accounts in the entire household) or underbanked (some accounts, but still using some alternative services, including predatory financial services). This despite the city working since the 90s to actively regulate banks to favor these consumers: https://citylimits.org/2017/01/06/why-are-so-many-new-yorkers-still-under-banked/ Identities and Trust
I don't think enough has been said about the role IDs play in all this. In the voter ID debate (please avoid the politics here, let's just focus on the economics), it's often been pointed out how many people lack valid photo ID, which would make it difficult to participate in traditional financial transactions, which are built on trust. This effect might be particularly pronounced in a place like NYC where driving isn't as big a part of life as in other parts of the country, owing to NYC's excellent mass transit and congested roadways
, so driver's licenses just aren't as common. New York City attempted to address this with a local ID, with limited success. https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/24/business/dealbook/banks-reject-new-york-city-ids-leaving-unbanked-on-sidelines.html
Even if NYC convinced all companies to accept their IDs, they might have difficulty getting all users to actually use their IDs. I doubt even researchers fully understand why people don't have IDs. But in any case, the blockchain is built on trustless transactions. We can meet users where they are rather than demand they adapt to a system they don't seem to want to adapt to. There are no chargebacks on NYCoin like there are on credit cards. Unlike checks, you can't send NYCoin you don't control. And unlike cash you can't counterfeit NYCoin. If people don't want to use IDs, the need isn't there. Practical hurdles
But it's one thing to know that blockchain projects COULD serve the unbanked, it's another to actually connect these particular users, often more disconnected than their banked peers, with NYCoin. That's the rub.
Personally, I suspect that our retail partners are our absolute best hope of connecting with, and helping this group of people, these retailers are also the most incentivized to help. If their unbanked customers are forced to carry around only cash, they will probably often carry as little as possible to avoid the dangers to losing it to theft. I know I feel conspicuous and vulnerable when I carry a lot of cash. That means they might buy less than they otherwise would or make fewer stops than they otherwise would. These same users may feel more comfortable carrying more money overall if some of it is locked on their phone. Even super cheap Moto E's have fingerprint sensors these days, so even if the phone was stolen, a crypto wallet on it probably won't be, and a user could use their recovery seed to regain their funds even without their phone.
There are some serious obstacles, however. First and foremost is bitlicense, a regulatory regime in New York no one seems to want to use. https://www.coindesk.com/meet-the-new-york-lawmaker-who-wants-to-replace-the-bitlicense/
I'm not going to analyze exactly what you can and cannot do without a bitlicense, but I certainly fear that selling NYCoin direct to consumers from your store would be a problem, and without that, how would the unbanked exchange their cash for NYCoin in the first place? Localbitcoins is the most obvious answer, but expecting the unbanked to jump through hoops to first get the bitcoin then use a far off, unknown exchange (when they already don't trust nearby banks) is unrealistic. Bitcoin's high fees present another obstacle, and localbitcoins often marks up the cost considerably, 10% isn't unlikely depending on competition, so by the time a user actually gets their NYCoin, they've lost enormous value from multiple vectors. As most unbanked are economically challenged to begin with, this isn't practical.
As you can see above, there are those interested in unraveling New York's regulations to make using crypto easier. And long term, I think we need shopkeepers who are willing to not only accept NYCoin, but to sell it to their users for cash as well. They would benefit not only from a fee on the sale, but also by helping their unbanked users have more money on their person, and thus be more able to make purchases in their stores when they need to but want to carry less cash around. Rough Ideas
I suspect that NYCoin could benefit greatly from rallying behind efforts to repeal bitlicense, not only from the repeal itself, but from coverage of the repeal effort. The bigger a part of that we are, and the more we connect the repeal to helping New York's underbanked, the more the name New York Coin becomes known and associated with financial solutions.
Even if we help repeal bitlicense, we still need to convince more retail partners to come on board, and convince them to not only accept NYCoin, but to help their users buy it with cash when they don't have checking accounts or credit cards, and don't want to pay the localbitcoin tax or bitcoin fees to move their local purchase to an exchange they might not trust to begin with. But they do trust their local merchants. The benefit is there for merchants, but we need a solid way to sell them on it. A billboard won't do it. We need a more personal approach.
I think, ultimately, we need boots on the ground and funds to literally pay retailers to try NYCoin (again, after bitlicense is repealed). I don't think donations will begin to cover it. But if we can make small retailers investors, hodlers in NYCoin while the price is low, offering somewhere from 1 million to 5 million to accept and offer NYCoin to their customers for a year or two, and offering bounties to actual NYCoin boosters who sign them up, we could sign up hundreds of retailers. The price of NYCoin is low right now. Now is the time to do it, but if donations can't cover it, how could we raise the funds?
Some coins raise money by premining, ICOing, but Zcash raised money by putting a 20% founder's reward on the first 4 years of blocks mined on the network. I think when we decide on a fork to reduce the block reward, we should put a tax on future blocks sufficient to raise 1 billion NYC in funds for our team to use first towards retailer enlistment (without which, NYCoin doesn't stand a chance). If our first move to lower the block reward were not to lower it, but to send half of it to a development fund, we could raise half a billion NYCoin for retailer engagement in just over a month, and most of that would come out of prohashing's mine and dump operation, so the effect on NYCoin's price would be nearly the same as just cutting the block reward without a tax. Depending on how fast future reductions in the block reward progressed, if the tax remained we could have a cool billion to develop the coin within the year. Conclusion
I hope you'll post more ideas here, post more threads about the unbanked and underbanked, ideas about how to organize to bring down bitlicense and generally talk about how to successfully draft more retailers and keep them happy and engaged and help them when they have issues. Our retailers will be the cornerstone of NYCoin. We need more of them and we need to be willing to take a big swing to recruit and keep them.
• Ethereum outperformt Bitcoin • DeFi-Markt wächst rasant • Große Hoffnungen auf Ethereum 2.0 Neben Bitcoin ist Ethereum wohl eine der bekanntesten Kryptowährungen weltweit. Laut ... Ein klarer Punkt für Bitcoin als Safe Haven und Store of Value. Dennoch glaube ich auch, dass ein Großteil der Menschen Kryptowährungen als spekulative Anlageklasse betrachtet. Wenn es also einen langfristigen Abschwung der Konjunktur gibt, wird dies – im Einklang mit der Argumentation von CryptoBullet – wohl auch BTC betreffen. Es ist wichtig zu verstehen, dass BTC von seinen ... The value of one bitcoin is rather high for most people to buy it. However, it can be broken down into 100,000,000 units to have 0.00000001 bitcoins. These small units enable everyone to engage in bitcoin trade, as well as buy and sell products in bitcoin. Traditional forms of online payment-operate from one point or company. However, no specific company operates the Bitcoin currency. The data ... These are Bitcoin’s intrinsic value starting to lag behind price action and an “overhang” of long positions on leading Bitcoin derivatives exchanges: “The JPMorgan strategists said they calculated an intrinsic value by effectively treating Bitcoin as a commodity and looking at the marginal cost of production.” Chart of BTC's price action since the start of 2017 with an instrinsic ... Die neue elektronische Währung Bitcoin ist sicher, kostengünstig und komfortabel. Kaufen Sie schnell und günstig mit Bitcoins weltweit ein. Auf Bitcoin.de können Sie Bitcoins kaufen und handeln.
TEAM M$B BITCOIN LINK" JOIN ASAP https://www.autobtcbuilder.com/ref/MoneyBoy Amazing Get up to 12 Bitcoins In 6 weeks! Each level is Based on Current Value O... This channel will help you build and protect wealth through investing, real estate and an extreme dose of the economic RED PILL. By using a very UNIQUE strat... Is there any way to make sense of bitcoin’s incredible rally? Raoul Pal asks Paul Brodsky, Chris Burniske, Nick Colas, Peter Brandt and Thomas Lee to lay out... Bitcoin boys 4 life. Episode 5 of the Superwog Series. This will air at 9.30pm on ABC COMEDY Tuesday 6 November or on ABC iview. https://iview.abc.net.au/sho... Its time to durability test the Moto Razr! Get your first audiobook and two Audible Originals for free when you try Audible for 30 days visit https://www.aud...